Monday, July 14, 2014

Are there really plenty of fish in the sea?

Last month I went on a girls getaway weekend and of course the subject of men and dating came up. Since we are all single, there were many a story about the "winners" we were hearing from on a myriad of online dating sites. Thankfully as if on que, we received some choice emails that perfectly illustrated our conversation. Since we had a bit of a car trip, we were thankful for the entertainment! After receiving some more amazing emails as of late, I thought it was time to share these fine examples of how to woo a lady with the world!

For those that don't know me personally, I am in my 30's, live in Los Angeles, have a career & a house, and while not a supermodel am fairly attractive (and am told I look younger than my age), intelligent and have a decent online profile that balances witty and informational. Just a little back story to keep in mind when reading the emails posted on this blog!

I referenced Plenty of Fish in both my site name and url though this blog won't be exclusive to any one particular dating site. In fact, I've actually nuked my POF account due to the high percentage of losers (wishing now I had access to blog material though...). While it is a special gift to receive so many terrible (yet humorous) emails, I encourage you to submit your own messages for inclusion on this blog. I will of course give credit where credit is due (should you want credit!).

To start thing off, I would love to share this delightful email I received from FITFUNEASY, age 60 in Oceanside, CA. Clearly he has read my profile carefully since he referenced me as being in my 40's. Talking about birth defects is super HOT too and an excellent way to get in good with the ladies. I question his use of "sane" as an adjective to describe himself. Interested in co-parenting? Happy to make the intro!

  • WILD IDEA / QUESTION:
    Are you possibly open to the concept of "Co-Parenting", i.,e., even if the man you would have a baby/babies with is not Mr. Perfect, but he is willing to commit 100% to fatherhood and YOU too? In other words, is there even a remote sliver of interest on your part to "Co-Parent?

    Since "time' is never really on anyone's side, the entire concept of "Co-Parenting" becomes somewhat more viable as people age. I'm 60 now, so what I am waiting for? right? You are in your 40's and definitely in an age range where pregnancy high risk, difficult to do, and other issues arise as well like birth defect, down syndrome, retardation, etc.

    Not so great -- BUT -- HEALTHY OLDER WOMAN "can" pull off a healthy baby. It's just that the "odds" get a bit sketchy or worse in some cases.

    I have never had kids and am curious if my "idea" to "Co-Parent" has any appeal to a woman like you. I say this with TOTAL RESPECT.

    Acceptable to me: Custody & Cohabiting are totally negotiable. Heck -- even marriage is okay too, if that's something that a woman wants related to having a baby.

    The PERK: I'll buy a LARGE life policy on myself with you as the "primary beneficiary", so when I kick the bucket you & the child/children (twins anyone?) are financially taken care of and not left "high and dry".

    :)

    I have GREAT DNA: Taller than average, Anglo/Nordic heritage, High IQ, Sane, no diseases, etc. I am also educated and not a criminal. :)

    Something to think about, huh?

    David in Oceanside 

No comments:

Post a Comment